20 January 2009

Catching Up


See - I am still working hard even at Disneyland. I love the old technology.

I've been away from New Zealand for one month, missing the Cardiff Chateau and my ISM family and Grace City Church. Still, the time with family, the fellowship with brothers and sisters here in the states and even a 30 year high school mini-reunion has been a really blessing and refreshment.
I've had the opportunity to reconnect with so many people - my head is spinning. God has provided encouragement to me through so many voices and it has been wonderful worshipping with the family of God in my hometown. It feels strange not 'working' hard at the church and in the office. Yet what God has me doing here is still His work, and He is with me.

I've included a few photos to give you a glimpse of my time here. One thing that has been special was having Nozomi and Shoko spend six days in California. Being able to share a little of my history and hometown and state with them, yet allowing them to experience God's presence here, was a highlight. Nozomi came mainly to visit her future campus and meet with the financial aid folks there, but so much more happened for them in our short time together (including a Ducks hockey game, meeting some Navigator students and staff, attending church and being celebrities at my gramma's church, taking a Sunday afternoon drive in my dad's 1931 Model A, visiting a mansion (my dad did the finish work on), enjoying fellowship with my cousin's Tim & Jerri, Disney adventure! Whew... good times.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes. I have a major praise report - THANK YOU for your financial support. God has surpassed my expectations through your year end gifts. This is the FIRST time in five years that I began a year in the black. My Navigator funds fine, and though fundraising is a neverending task of mission work, I have been able to focus on "being here" with my family and those who I need to spend time with. THANK YOU! I PRAISE GOD FOR YOUR GENEROUS LOVE!


American style portions... HUGE burgers for Nozomi and Shoko


Good times with Alicia D Garcia (right) and our new Navigator friends!


Riding in style! My dad's Model A with two beautiful Japanese models!


A backyard view of the MANSION!


A little bit of John Calvin goes a long way - Nozomi at Westminster Seminary bookstore!


A couple of wild pirates!


Wow - look who we ran into at the airport! Go Jonas brothers!
(btw - JUST KIDDING)

No comments: